See attachments or video recordings

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to see attachments/video fragments for the testcases in your tool?

More specific, I use the 'video recording functionality' which (obviously) makes a video recording of the performed steps.

When looking at the test result of the test steps in Test Manager it is possible to see the video recording (and at which time it was shot for each specific step) and it is possible to play it back.

The complete video recording file is also visible as a .xesc file in the test steps (when viewed in Test Manager).

So I was wondering if it was possible to add one (or both) of these features to your tool? And if you are planning to do so?

Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM
It sounds like something that would be nice to include.

Are you using the review tool to review the test cases after they are run? I generally use the tool during the designing of the test case so that I can review it. At this point they haven't been run yet, so there would be no results (at least in the current Suite anyway). I'll have to see how that playback functionality is exposed through the TFS API. I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Apr 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thank you for your response.

The video can be viewed on the test step details in the test results after having run the testcase:

The source file for the recording (screencapture.xesc) can also be found as an attachment on the testcase. This file includes the entire video recording from start to end (not divided by steps). I’m guessing there’s a second file (recorderdmedia.trmx?) that can pinpoint the time of recording to the teststeps as seen in the screencapture above.

Description: cid:[email removed]7D8E20

As I am a functional consultant for MS Dynamics AX I’m not very technically acquainted with TestManager but I hope this helps. I just started using TestManager on a new project and will probably be using it more in the future. I have looked to your tool as a way to getting our testcases to the customer for reviewing purposes (since they don’t have TestManager and restricted access to our TFS). Having the video recordings attached would be a very nice bonus functionality to your tool.

FYI: the video recording functionality is not running by default and has to be switched on in the test plan:

Description: cid:[email removed]7D8E20

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Nick De Moor Description: linkedinDescription: twitterDescription: rssfeedDescription: facebook

Junior Consultant Dynamics AX
[email removed]

Direct +32 2 801 55 55
Mobile +32 485 38 46 21

Description: http://www.realdolmen.com/static/images/events/banner_vcinnovation.gif

Description: Description: Description: Outsourcing2013banner

This e-mail message and any attachment are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone (+32 2 801 55 55) or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Please note that neither RealDolmen nor the sender accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments. RealDolmen is nor responsible for the correct and complete transfer of the contents of the sent e-mail, neither for the receipt on due time.

Think green, keep it on your screen